Tata Power has started various initiatives with the aim of benefiting these community groups. Some of the notable Affirmative Action initiatives are:
- Rural BPO setup in Khopoli for training and providing employment to the local youth
- Sponsoring the education of tribal girl children in the Jawahar District of Maharashtra (Dedicated program for 600 Tribal girl children)
- School Excellence Program in Mundra, Tiruldih and Odisha
- Livelihood Training in Tailoring for women in Odisha
- Career Development Centre (CDC) in Odisha
- Employability training through Industrial Training Institutes (ITIs) and Industrial Training Centres (ITCs)
Through these and many more initiatives, a concerted effort is made for making a positive difference and bettering the quality of lives in these communities.