At Tata Power, our Sustainability Policy integrates economic progress, social responsibility and environmental concerns with the objective of improving quality of life. We believe in integrating our business values and operations to meet the expectations of our customers, employees, partners, investors, communities and public at large.
- We will uphold the values of honesty, partnership and fairness in our relationship with stakeholders.
- We shall provide and maintain a clean, healthy and safe working environment for employees, customers and the community.
- We will strive to consistently enhance our value proposition to the customers and adhere to our promised standards of service delivery.
- We will respect the universal declaration of human rights, International Labour Organization's fundamental conventions on core labour standards and operate as an equal opportunities employer.
- We shall encourage and support our partners to adopt responsible business policies, Business Ethics and out Code of conduct Standards.
We will continue to serve out communities:
- By implementing sustainable Community Development Programmes including through public/private partnerships in and around its area of operations.
- By constantly protecting ecology, maintaining and renewing bio-diversity and wherever necessary conserving and protecting wild life, particularly endangered species.
- By encouraging our employees to serve communities by volunteering and by sharing their skills and expertise.
- By striving to deploy sustainable technologies and processes in all our operations and use scarce and natural resources efficiently in out facilities.
- We will also help communities that are affected by natural calamities or untoward incidence, or that are physically challenged in line with the Tata Group's efforts.
The management will commit all the necessary resources required to meet the goals of Corporate Sustainability.
Tata Power is committed to a clean, safe and healthy environment, and we shall operate our facilities in an environmentally sensitive and responsible manner. Our commitment to environmental protection and stewardship will be achieved by:
- Complying with the requirements and spirit of applicable environmental laws and striving to exceed required levels of compliance wherever feasible.
- Ensuring that our employees are trained to acquire the necessary skills to meet environmental standards.
- Conserving natural resources by improving efficiency and reducing wastage.
- Making business decisions that aim towards sustainable development.
- Engaging with stakeholders to create awareness on sustainability.
We, at Tata Power, reaffirm our belief that the health and safety of our stakeholders is of the utmost importance and takes precedence in all our business decisions. In pursuit of this belief and commitment, we strive to:
- Maintain and proactively improve our management systems to minimize health and safety hazards to our stakeholders and all others influenced by our activities.
- Ensure total compliance with all applicable occupational health and safety regulations and other legal requirements.
- Integrate health and safety procedures and best practices into every operational activity with assigned line-functional responsibilities at all levels for improving and sustaining Health & Safety performance.
- Involve our employees in maintaining a safe and healthy workplace through periodic reviews of operational procedures, safe methods of work and a safe work environment.
- Develop a culture of safety through active leadership and provide appropriate training at all levels to enable employees to fulfill their Health & Safety obligations.
- Incorporate appropriate health and safety criteria into business decisions for selection of plant and technology as well as appointment of key personnel .
- Ensure availability at all times of appropriate resources to fully implement the Health & Safety policy of the Company.
- Actively communicate this policy to all stakeholders by suitable means and periodically review its relevance in a continuously changing business environment .