About the Contest
- The Wattloss Challenge is a 3 month contest where people will be rewarded for most energy saved for a period of 3 months.
- The energy saved will be monitored through electricity bill generated at the end of each month. The energy savings will be monitored from Jan'19 onwards.
- Tata Power consumers will have to share their consumer number while non-Tata Power consumers will have to share soft copy of the bill .Send your customer ID to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Participants who are non-Tata Power Consumers can share the soft copy of 3 months of electricity bill on email@example.com
Follow these Simple tips to save energy at your home / office
- Keep Air Conditioners at 26 degree or more.
- Use LED's and BEE 5 star rated appliances.
- Lower the use of heating and cooling appliances.
- In summer, keep cool by closing windows, doors, curtains and blinds.
- Check that the fridge seals, keep the door firmly closed.
- At homes ,use natural light when possible.
- Don't leave your mobile phone plugged in overnight.
- Use natural light when possible.
- Do not switch on geyser hours before use and switch off immediately after taking a bath.
- Turn off your home office equipment when not in use. If your computer must be left on, turn off the monitor.
- Do not keep the chargers for your laptop and mobile phones plugged in as they also draw small amounts of power constantly.
- Remove the devices from the plug point when not in use.
- Washing Machines should only be used with full loads.